About us
Frequently Asked Questions


How do I choose an electrician ?

However confident you may feel about your ability to carry out any electrical works, if you have any doubts you must consult a qualified electrician.

Personal recommendation is always a good starting point and approach at least two companies for detailed estimates before making the final choice.

Make sure that they are members of at least one of the following professional trade bodies.

  • National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting [NICEIC]        www.niceic.org.uk
  • Electrical Contractors Association [ECA]        www.eca.co.uk

Both of these bodies insist that members carry out work in accordance with the Institute of Electrical Engineers [ IEE ] Wiring Regulations and will investigate complaints about members work.  Lists of members can be found on their respective websites.

SEE ALSO  "What is Part  P ?"         "What is Part  L ?"

Back to FAQs

Telephone 020 7824 8144
Email Click here
RSS Feed